Been staring at the same page for days?
Punctuation, spelling, and grammatical issues are the first red flags a publisher will notice. These issues tell us a piece of writing needs a little further time and attention. Butcher's Dog can help you improve the readability of your writing to ensure it is free of error, inconsistency, and repetition.
Beyond the very basic - usually mechanical - proofreading other sites offer, we specialise in the meaning of a text. We sense check what your material is conveying and how. So whatever you are writing: poetry, prose or prose-poetry, we have editorial skills at the ready to elevate your work in preparation for submission to publishers.
Want a personalised response to your latest poem?
We now offer in-depth editorial feedback. Our tailored feedback outlines how the engine of your poem works for a reader, what meanings are conveyed, and how your use of language might be improved upon. We can also provide feedback across poems to help you move toward a pamphlet or collection.
1. Purchase the relevant package.
2. You'll immediately receive an email containing a digital download.
3. Open the download to read where and how to send your poem to our editor.
4. Within 48 hours between 9 am - 5 pm (Mon to Fri) we will confirm receipt of your work and begin to read.
5. You’ll receive your in-depth personal feedback by email within 21 days.
Our editorial support is of industry standard. Pricing is in line with the minimum rates suggested by the Society of Authors and the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading. Pricing meets industry standards and the minimum rates suggested by the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading.
We can't wait to read your work.